Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's that day of the week again...

Do you know what day is today? It's Sunday.

Don't worry, I'm not harping on the human race today. I'm here to explain one of college's greatest rituals.

Let's begin: what best describes your Sunday?

  • You walk back to your dorm at 9am with blood shot eyes and breath that smells like cheap vodka.
  • You sleep till 2pm, order Jimmy Johns, then do homework for the rest of the night.
  • You get up at a decent hour, go to lunch, veg out in front of the TV, then go to Church.
  • You do laundry.
If you answered with the last choice, you win a prize (well, not really)! Don't get me wrong; any of the above answers are perfectly acceptable. But if you didn't answer with the last choice, then please let me fill you in on one college's greatest blessings.

Laundry day.

I always look forward to laundry day. Why? Maybe it's because it always smells good in the laundry room. Maybe it's because you will have clean clothes when you're finished. Maybe it's because it gives you time to do your homework. For me, it's all three. First, it always smells great in the laundry room. It seems as if all of those soap products are mixing their scents just for you! Second, who doesn't like having clean clothes? I know I do. Third, you have time to get stuff done. One of college kids' biggest complaints is that they never have enough time to get stuff done. Usually, Sunday is a pretty popular time to do laundry. Therefore, it can take up to three hours to get it all done! In other words, you have three hours to do homework. Plus, it's a good study environment. You can kill two birds with one stone.

On a side note, I'm actually typing this LIVE from the laundry room. See? I'm getting stuff done.

So for those of you who usually take your laundry home on the weekend, wait a month to go home and do it, or don't do it yourselves, give it a try. You'll enjoy it more than you think you will.

However, I must digress. There is one thing I do not enjoy about laundry day:



Snuggle Bear is creepy as f*ck.


---
Have a great Sunday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment