Thursday, January 14, 2010

Celebrity of the Century: Sam Pak

I hope those of you who are going to melt your brain at the Lady Gaga concert tonight have a great horrible time. I am, however, thankful you're getting some insight with my blog. That will lessen the effect of her music. Anyway... It's finally here! This award goes to the Celebrity of the Century. Before the introduction, I'd like to give you a little background.

Just over 2 years ago, my family and I arrived in Florida in December. We were spending our Christmas holiday with family. Because I was tired from traveling, the first thing I did when we got to the condo was turn on the TV. Yes, you read correctly. I was in Florida in 70 degree temperatures. The sun was shining. I was out of the Indiana winter. And what did I do? I turned on the television. I'm a lazy American, sue me. I start to flip channels. What I saw changed my life (and my family's life) forever.

Ladies and gentlemen: I give you...

Sam Pak!!


Congratulations!


For those of you who don't live in Florida, let me introduce you to Appliance Direct. Opened in 1995, Sam Pak started selling quality, name brand appliances at low prices with great customer service. It's that attitude that has him so successful. Now, what exactly is Sam famous for?

Wakkie Nu Nu


Germs


Cleveland


Truck Slap


My personal favorite: Chicken and a Fan


However, don't be fooled by these imitators:



However, I can't give all the credit to just Sam. Please give it up for his co-star, Lee!


 

Now, I hope you understand why Sam and Lee are getting this award. They both bring happiness to the world (well, mainly Florida)!


But most of all:

I'd like to thank Sam Pak for being a different kind of celebrity. Thank you for not crashing your SUV at 2:28 in the morning. Thank you for not going to rehab every weekend. Thank you for not having an affair with 393,530,028 women. Thank you for not driving drunk. Thank you for not being addicted to drugs. Thank you for not being a weird pop singer. Thank you for not being someone you're not.

Thank you for adding humor to my vacation life. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for your very clever commercials. Thank you for the t-shirt you sent me when I joined your fan club. Thank you for your low priced, name brand appliances. Thank you for teaching me how to cook a better chicken-- with a fan.

Thank you for Appliance Direct. And remember:

"If you didn't buy direct, you paid too much!"

---
Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks to ApplianceDirect.com & ChickenAndAFanClub.com for pictures and info

NEXT UP: Ode to Judge Judy

1 comment: